Thursday 2 March 2017

Evaluation (Question 1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


What went well:
Front Cover

The first thing that went well was making the effects fit in with the colour scheme. The second thing that went well was creating a star image by using the levels tool on Adobe Elements 11. Using Levels allowed me to create the perfect light for my images to look good.


Contents
In general my Contents page went really well. The best bits were adding the puffs and trying different fonts out.


DPS

It took me a while but when I learnt how to text wrap that went really well and I created a nice look. Also, aligning the images was at first, challenging, but by using the grid I learned to place them acurately and now all the pages look balanced with evenly spaced images. I also challenged conventions here as she isn't looking into camera. This was very successful as it will be a great attraction to my audience because she looks relaxed and therefore gives a good impression about Jazz and her star image. If I did this again I wouldn't change the image because I like the way it captures her personality.


What didn't go so well:


Front Cover
My initial image didn't go the way I planned. I spent a lot of time trying to cut out the image to change the background.  This led to me inadvertantly resetting a tool and in the end, had to replace the image and reset Adobe elements tools.  Whatever I had reset, also affected my being able to save the front cover but deleting the affected image fixed that problem too.


Contents
After I had learned to align columns and images, thehe only thing that I found time consuming was trying to find the right font style for jazz and then deciding what size (point) to use.  Filling the contents page was unexpectedly tricky, shuffling text and images took along time but I am quite happy with the results.


DPS

We were using Adobe Elements to construct the pages and it does not text wrap like a progam such as InDesign so it took more time than I thought it would to wrap the text.  Every time I moved or resized a text box, the wrapping had to be adjusted - but it got there in the end!


Conventions


Hover your mouse over the pages to see conventions.



1 comment: